Visit their site for more tips and/or to get a Debate House Party kit.
- Think Ahead-Before the debate, ask yourself which issues are most important to you, and jot down what you’d like to learn from each of the candidates.
- Are They Answering the Question? Pay attention to how the candidates answer the questions.Are they specific? Sincere? Knowledgeable?
- Keep Track of Topics-Are the candidates being asked about your priority issues? Are the questions fair and pertinent?
- Talk it out! –Afterwards, talk about the debate with your friends & family. Did the debate sway your decision? Did you learn something new about the candidates’ positions?
- VOTE on November 4th.It is your best opportunity to make your voice heard and help shape the issues that affect all of us! VISIT VOTE411.org to prepare yourself.
Thursday, October 2, 2008
The League of Women Voters lists 5 Tips for Debate Watchers: