Friday, November 13, 2009

Get busy people

More ways to stop Stupak here,  here,  here, and here. (Still wondering why we are in reactive mode - did nobody see this coming?)


Another one from Credo - they'll send a coat hanger if you sign the petition. Coat hangers FTW!


Tell Walmart to cut the crap with demerits for sick employees. Enough already. Gah!


Tell the U.N. to appoint a special representative to hold groups accountable for gender-based violence. That is, stop the rapes NOW.


Reduce, reuse, recycle. Check out why here.



Take a News Alert Survey at the ASPCA and enter to win a Flip Video camera (I have one - they are super cool). 


Ban dog and cat fur imports to Canada here. Yes, you read that right. Ewwww.


Asst. Majority leader Dick Durbin has a poll on the public option floating around. Fill it out here if so inclined.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Just Vegas said...

Aw, did you get spam? Weird since you already have word verification.

I was just thinking that it would be cool if you could do a post about how much these things help the cause. I know sometimes I get the emails and I don't bother to go and sign the petition because I'm afraid an internet petition doesn't really do anything? I'd love to know what happens after I sign, you know?

GiGi said...

Good idea...the people who initiate these petitions sometimes report back on what happens. I'll try to include those from now on. Thanks.

Yes, and spam. Weird.