Right now coal companies can receive 'fast tracked' permits for mountaintop removal coal mining through a process called Nationwide Permit 21 (NWP 21). This process denies local communities adequate input, putting them at risk from toxic coal mining pollution.There are two days left to stop the fast track permit process for mountaintop removal coal mining - submit a public comment today!
Let the Army Corps of Engineers know that you support ending streamlined permits, ask them to stop issuing permits while the proposal is being finalized, and tell them you want the Obama Administration to permanently end mountaintop removal mining.
You can submit a comment directly to the Army Corps of Engineers through Regulations.gov. It's easy!
- Copy the sample message in the box below.
- Go to this page on the government website Regulations.gov and paste the message into the comment box. Please personalize it with your own words.
- Fill in your personal information and submit.
Regulations.gov is your online source for U.S. government regulations from nearly
We are committed to improving your access to and participation in the federal regulatory process. On this site you can:
- Search for a regulation such as a proposed rule, final rule or Federal Register (FR) notice
- Submit a comment on a regulation or on another comment
- Submit an application, petition or adjudication document
- Sign up for e-mail alerts about a specific regulation
- Quickly access regulations that are popular, newly posted or closing soon-directly from the homepage
- Subscribe to RSS feeds by agency of newly posted FR notices