- Get a free "Kid's don't vote, but Moms do" bumper sticker from MomsRising. Curious, though, if dumbassess will think this is a shout out to Hockey Mom Palin. Shudder.
- Get a free "Read My Lipstick: I'm Voting Democratic" bumper sticker from Emily's List. Yes, Emily's List.
- Read a very good article by a Feministing contributor: "Sarah Palin's Retrograde Gender Politics." She writes,
Palin may have been plucked from obscurity to appeal to women voters who are aching for a maverick in mom's clothing, but don't be fooled. Palin is not on this ticket to bring gender balance to the White House; her primary role is to reinforce the almighty power of traditional masculinity.
- Listen to Fresh Air today. If that doesn't scare you, nothing will. Michael Greenberger articulated my fears about an impending depression. He ended with a "what to do list" which I determined to be: 1) elect Obama 2) see a competent certified financial planner 3) put your money in a reputable bank.
- Take action on the Protect Our Children Act, which is being voted on soon.
- Read about the feminist organizations that have endorsed Obama (hint, "Feminists" for Life isn't on the list).